Petroleum jelly is a semisolid jelly-like substance composed of mineral oils and waxes. Many people use it for skin care and to treat minor cuts and burns. Petrolatum and Vaseline, a popular brand name, are two other names for petroleum jelly. Because the skin is the body’s largest organ, it is critical to take good care of it. However, doing so does not have to break the bank. Petroleum jelly, a common, inexpensive product found in most people’s medicine cabinets, has multiple skin care applications for the entire family.
While there is no substitute for a good skincare regimen, incorporating petroleum jelly into your routine can be a low-cost way to help your skin shine the brightest. The benefits of jelly are derived from its main ingredient, petroleum, which helps seal your skin with a water-protective barrier. Here are five ways to incorporate petroleum jelly into your skincare routine.
- Providing a skin barrier: Petroleum jelly is not easily absorbed by the skin. This means it is not a moisturizer, but rather a barrier to prevent your skin from dirt and moisture loss. People who suffer from cold can also apply it under their nose to relieve irritation
- Preventing chafing: Chafing, which occurs when the skin rubs against another body part or clothing, can be extremely painful. This is especially true for people who suffer from dry skin. Chafing can cause rashes or broken skin in some people. Applying petroleum jelly to chafing-prone areas may help prevent it.
- Treating diaper rash: After sitting in wet diapers, many babies develop diaper rash. Petroleum jelly acts as a moisture barrier, lowering the risk of diaper rash. It can also soothe the skin and alleviate existing diaper rashes.
- Preventing peeling: Peeling skin can be painful. When skin becomes so dry that it peels, petroleum jelly can soothe the irritation and aid in the healing process. During the colder months, people can try applying it to dry, chapped lips or irritated eyelids.
- Helps to remove eye makeup: You can use petroleum jelly to remove the eyeshadows which sometimes your wipes aren’t up to the task. In those cases, petroleum jelly may be useful.
Texol is one of the most reliable petroleum jelly manufacturers in UAE. To build a long-term commitment with their customers, they have a selection of industrial, petroleum jelly, and transformer oil designed to meet the unique requirements of different industries. If you are looking for a petrochemical company in UAE, give them a call to discuss your needs.