Are you looking for the right industrial fan?
The fan that satisfies your exact requirements and comes within your budget reach. Well, choosing the right industrial fans for your building can be tricky. This could include considering many factors such as the airflow requirement: maybe low, or high, or the environmental challenge where it needs to be fitted.
Types Of Industrial Fans and Advantages
As though, the industrial fans are generally meant to give out a large flow of air or gas covering various sections of a building, they are broadly categorized into two types:
The centrifugal industrial fan uses the centrifugal force. The central hole produces a large amount and pressure of air or gas. These fans discharge the airflow out at 90 degrees. Thus, covering the larger diameter of the area where it is kept.
The centrifugal fans have various types of blade alignments and structures such as- forward curved, backward-curved, radial, aerofoil etc.
- Centrifugal industrial fans are beneficial for areas that are prone to corrosion.
- They can be customized and tailor-made in various sizes according to the building area where it is required.
- They produce high energy efficiency.
- These fans are generally preferred by the industries that need to perform tasks such as dust collection, boiling applications, ventilation, material handling, pollution controlling etc.
The axial industrial fan gives the airflow in a linear direction only. These fans are equipped with guided vanes to direct the airflow in a specific path. They are also available with different blade configurations such as paddle, aerofoil, variable pitch. The most preferred industrial axial fans are tube axial, propeller, and vane axial.
- These fans are very efficient in covering a large area with its airflow.
- They also require low power inputs.
- Axial industrial fans are known for operating at high static pressures as required by the user.
- They are useful for industries that require a considerable amount of air at low pressures.
- They are beneficial for industries that require a massive uniform airflow in a particular direction.
Tips for choosing the best industrial fan
Now, you have explored the different types of industrial fan, you might now have an idea which one to choose for your industrial needs. To select further requirements in those types, the following factors should be kept in mind:
- Motor Capacity
- Longevity or Durability
- Ease of Use
The motor capacity of an industrial fan is the most crucial factor to look for while purchasing one. The motors with high horsepower are more powerful and give out airflow at full capacity, than the ones with low power.
Ducting is considered for the performance of industrial fans. It also determines the overall cost and operational cost.
Longevity or Durability
The industrial fans should be durable. They should be able to survive the environmental conditions at the workplace where they are kept. Avoid purchasing one that can break easily. You can check factors such as its blades: they should be sturdy, Grill and stand: They should be substantial.
Some industrial fans may heat up and cause fire hazards. The safety in the industry should be the priority. Check for the ones with professional-grade parts and the safe ETL-listed designs.
Ease of Use
Determine the ones that are easily usable. They should be easier to install.
The industrial fan is a must for industries having heat-generating machines or heat-sensitive products. The right factors need to be determined before purchasing one, and the right industrial fan can serve you just the purpose you are in need for.