Requesting for the service of Korean transcription services is not that easy as finding one may need to qualify for some factors and considerations. Most likely, the accuracy and delivery time would be two of the most important things to consider when opting for Korean transcription services. However, Korean audio transcription is not an easy task for the transcribers, though. So, to be able to filter your choices of Korean transcription services, one must need to learn the process of Korean to English transcription services.
Transcription RulesLoanword Transcription Rules are said to be the governing policy of the transcription of terms from a foreign language into the Korean alphabet or the “hangul”. This was introduced in South Korea by the Ministry of Culture and Education on January 7, 1986. This kind of policy within the Korean transcription online services covers the rules for Korean transcription into other languages like the English, French, Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian, and Chinese. And after a span of about 20 years, this rule for Korean transcription services was already expanded with the inclusion of more languages.
If you look for Korean transcription online, you may find the Korean Website where the Transcription Principles for Loanword are included. However, recent updates of such a principle in the Professional Korean transcription services field were already removed. In order to have some knowledge about this rule being followed by Korean transcribers in their Korean transcription services, let us take a look at some of its basic principles.
- Writing of loanwords can only be done by using the 24 letters of the current Korean alphabet system.
- By-law governing the Korean transcription services, a single phoneme of a loanword is written with accompanying one sign.
- Apply the rule of not utilizing the tense consonants in writing plosives.
- Recognize the common use of loanwords that are already well-established. However, the coverage and examples are needed to decide upon in a separate way.
General Transcription Principles
The following rules are not a necessary part of the certified Loanword Transcription Rules. However, they are being used in opting for the standard transcription to “hangul”.
- In transcribing into “hangul”, make sure to based it according on the Loanword Transcription Rules.
- The items should be categorized based on the official languages of the countries in discussion. However, keep in mind that this should not correspond with the actual languages in which the names of people and places belong to. In instances like this, the rules for transcription covering the language which the actual names really belong to should be followed.
- To transcribe well-established words, it should be transcribed in a way that it recognizes the traditional usage and marked with *.
The purpose of this is to show the existence of the conventional forms. To be specific, countries and capitals names should have to follow traditional usage if possible. Moreover, the markings for the traditional forms must also be deleted.