Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology is a 4-year long, full term undergraduate professional course. It involves the techniques and methods that are utilized in the diagnosing and treatment of hearing speech or balance related disorders in people. After the completion of this course, candidates can get various job positions, such as :
- Audiology reader
- Speech pathology reader
- Speech audiologist
- Audiometry technician
- Speech pathologist
Read more to know all about the colleges offering this course. Top Colleges for Study of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology :
1. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research : An autonomous institute, situated in Pondicherry Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research offers the UG degree in Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology under the collaboration of All India Institute of Speech and Hearing Mysore. Admission to the course is carried out through counseling which is based on the percentile obtained in their separate entrance exam. A total of only 4 seats are available. However the students are offered a one-year optional internship at JIPMER after the successful completion of the course. The students even receive stipends for this one-year internship.
2. Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Speech and Hearing Disabilities : Located in Mumbai, Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Speech and Hearing Disabilities offers 19 courses across 6 streams, which also includes Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology. The institute also carries out research activities for identification, intervention and remedial teaching methods as well as jobs for the Hearing impaired and technology development. The institute has well-equipped audiometric evaluation machines and special rooms for speech therapy. The students are also offered a stipend during their final year.
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore : Christian Medical College, situated in Vellore, Tamil Nadu offers Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language pathology degree as a full time graduation program. The institute offers some of the best facilities in the entire country. The course duration is of 3 years in this college. High- technology equipment and other special facilities are available for the students as well as the interns. The special audiometric machines and speech therapy units are one of the best in the country.
4. Amity University : A UGC approved private university Amity offers 139 courses across 16 streams. The university accepts students on the basis of exams such as MAT and Amity JEE. The degree of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology are accredited by Rehabilitation Council of India. The university promotes various research activities with multiple excellence centers such as Centre for BRICS studies and much more. The university has excellent hospital and medical facilities with equipment of the best state-of-art technologies. The students also have an opportunity to receive 100% scholarships based on their previous exam percentage and scores of entrance examinations for admission to the course.
5. Manipal School of Allied Health Sciences : Established in 1999, the institute offers 33 courses across 5 streams and 15 specializations. Visit the Website to browse and find out more about the course of Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language pathology. The university has received a ranking of 2nd among top private medical college in India by the Week in the year 2004. The state of the art science Laboratories including computerized speech lab, therapy lab and ear mold lab are some of the best in the country.
At Bharati Vidyapeeth, we offer the best facilities and equipment for you to study audiology and speech pathology. Visit the Website bvuniversity.edu.in to get acknowledged with the best teaching methods with complete focus on the practical aspect.