The name ‘WOW’ stands for ‘Wide Open West’, which is the service name that reaches nine states in the eastern half of the US. They have fast and affordable internet plans that range from 100 Mbps to 1000 Mbps costing you $39.99 to $74.99 per month. Besides speedy and inexpensive internet, they have some exciting perks to offer like no-contract plans, complete wifi upgrade, and a wide-ranged WOW Channel lineup. In the world of telecommunications, WOW is a progressing name that is ready to mark its presence among big names like Xfinity and spectrum.
This article is a detailed review of the cable TV services provided by WOW to know if you should invest in them or not. Keep reading!
WOW TV plans and prices
- Small TV package – 80+ channels with free HD and 200 Mbps speed for $54.99/month.
- Medium TV package – 130+ channels with free HD and 200 Mbps speed for $104.99/month.
- Large TV package – 160+ channels with free HD and 500 Mbps speed for $129.99/month.
It is noted that these plans obligate you to a two-year contract.
WOW channel line-up
The WOW channel lineup varies as per the three TV packages. With these packages, you can access some wonderful channels that rule the entertainment industry like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, and PBS. If these channels work for you and you don’t want any more channels, go economical with a small TV. But if you want some more channels added to the list, you can go with the medium TV that will add up channels like A&E, AMC, Comedy Central, Disney, discovery channel, Hallmark, BBC America, etc., with the small TV channel list. For the people who are crazy over television entertainment, large TV suits well with the addition of channels like Showtime, HBO, the big ten network, the NFL network, etc.
Other Aspects of WOW
- Additional monthly fees – $14 per month to rent a modem, $10 a month if you add ‘whole-home wifi’, $6 a month for any additional Euro devices. WOW’s gigabit plan is the ideal choice for such cases as it gets you a two-piece euro system without any additional charges.
- 30-day money-back guarantee – They offer a customer-friendly feature that allows you to cancel the services and get money back within 30 days of installation. However, you are not allowed to re-establish the service before 180 days if you want to. Also, it does not extend to the paid fees and taxes.
- Exciting deals for new customers – These offers may vary from time to time. For example, free modem rental for the first three months for new customers and visa prepaid reward cards worth $100 and $200 for those who sign for a speed type of 200 Mbps or more.
Pros and cons of WOW
- With the large TV package, you get one premium channel for free.
- Exciting discounts and offers for new customers like a $100 Visa prepaid reward card.
- No fee for installation.
- The TV-only packages may seem pricey for some.
- You are bound to a 2-year contract.
- If you cancel the services before your contract duration, they may implement a termination fee of up to $345.
What are WOW’s ratings and reviews?
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has given WOW an A rating. This rating was given based on their response to customers, their way, and their speed of interacting. On the other hand, if you look at customer reviews, you will find that they give WOW an average three-star review on the platform. Some negative feedbacks points at long customers service waiting periods, complex billing statements, and blotchy connections. Positive feedback speaks of their outstanding performance, great customer service, satisfying WOW channel lineup, and comfortable installations.
With WOW, you can get some of the most affordable TV plans in the US with commendable customer services, a money-back guarantee, an exclusive WOW channel lineup, and great speed. The only thing that lacks with WOW is their reach. As of 2021, it reached just 14 markets in Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina. However, wherever it reaches, it gives the best of its services.