With hospitality sector growing all across the globe, a career in hotel management opens up a plethora of opportunities. Hospitality sector is the second largest employer across the world after IT and is capable of offering amazing career opportunities to the varied range of skilled professionals. According to industry experts, this sector is demanding talented professionals with right skills and knowledge. With lucrative career opportunities available in this sector, there is an increased demand of hotel management courses and as a result, numerous hospitality colleges in India are coming up with world-class programs.
Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology is an undergraduate program that covers all the aspects of hotel administration, marketing, housekeeping, front office, food and beverage management, catering and maintenance. The program enables candidates to go for several hotels, fashion, film and technology related jobs. This course equips students with intellectual and leadership capabilities allowing students to move into diverse managerial roles in prestigious organizations. This course allows candidates for become familiar with all the practical aspects of hospitality industry and prepares them for management careers in hospitality related industries. So what you can do with hotel management and catering technology degree and what kind of job opportunities are available for professionals?
And, here is the answer. There are numerous lucrative career opportunities a waiting for you including:
1. Hotel Managers: Hotel managers have one of most interesting job roles and they ensure a smooth customer experience. Their role is to forward new instructions to the operation team including front office executives, chefs, catering department and housekeeping staff. The hotel managers prioritize customer satisfaction over anything else. Their role is to look into any issues that their guests face right from their check in to completing their stay in the hotel.
2. Chefs: Chefs play a huge role in improving the guest experience by serving tasty, healthy and delicious food. Hotel managers may request them to prepare special items on special occasions. Being a chef, one can work in top hotels across the world and they are even given opportunities to travel overseas and can get featured on TV shows.
3. Teacher/Professor: After gaining good experience in hospitality sector, one can choose to become a teacher or professor at one of the best hospitality institutes. One can share his hospitality experiences with the students and teach them hospitality skills to get succeeded in the industry.
4. Hoteliers: With an in-depth knowledge in hotel management and catering, one can either start his own venture or work with top hoteliers to run a hotel chain. Being a hotelier, one can build good relations with politicians, film stars, celebrities and other top personalities once they have them as a guest in their hotel.
5. Retail Sector: The bachelor of hotel management and catering technology graduates also has option of pursuing their career in retail sector. Some of the areas include back office, malls, reception.
Joining a reputed hotel management college helps candidates to learn all the necessary skills that are highly valued in hospitality sector. To get better career opportunities, it is important to choose the right institute. To choose the right course, visit website of colleges offering such programs with better career prospects.