As designated by the norms of the GST Council, every registered regular taxpayer in the country is compelled to fil in GSTR 3B along with relevant information. The data thus provided by the taxpayer in form GSTR 3B is comprehensive of details in GSTR 1 and GSTR 2.
SAG Infotech being a pioneer in creating tax filing software is a service to all those who are required to file the form. Here is a quick look at how one can file the GSTR 3B form with the support and guidance of Gen GST software.
SAG Infotech is well known to easily update the software as per the changing norms of the government.
Let’s dig into the steps to file GSTR 3B with the help of Gen GST Software version 2.0.
Filing GSTR 3B With Advanced Gen GST Software
The latest 2.0 version of Gen GST software is a JAVA scripted and OS-independent utility that helps the filer with unlimited return filing, billing and e-way bill generation. Gen GST Software is encoded with various features included are the reconciliation of GSTR 3B with input tax ledger, the difference between GSTR 1 and GSTR 3B, download bulk status of return filing details 3B and so on…
Steps to File GSTR 3B With Gen GST Software:
- Sign in to the software > On dashboard select ‘return’ > Go to GSTR 3B.
- You will be directed to a new window. There select ‘client’.
- If you need to check the filing status of the client, you can do so by clicking on ‘Get Status From Portal’ tab.
- After fetching the details, click on the ‘Preview tab’ to get the details of the information uploaded on the portal in PDF format.
- Mentioned down the screen is a ‘Compare tab’ in green color. Use the option to compare the details that are entered from your side or are downloaded from the portal.
- Select ‘Difference between GSTR 3B and GSTR 2A’ option mentioned in the bottom > thereon you will land on a new page displaying the difference in the details of the two forms and the difference of ITC on purchase of goods.
- There are two options available under the head one is as per return (referred when to see the data according to return) and the second is as per period (referred when to see the data according to the books).
- In the original tab, 2A and 3B options are selected. To view, the entire details of either of the forms click on the ‘Select All’ checkbox under the respective head. To find a part of the data click on the respective checkbox.
- Near to the original tab, there is ‘Original + Amendment’ tab that serves the purpose of finding out the Amendment effect of invoices Amended in next period. Under the tab ‘as per return,’ the changes of 2A are visible effective from the period in which invoices are amended.
- The amendment will be visible for the period to which the invoice relates (Monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly, Yearly)
- Press the‘ detail’ button to know the value of the amendment effect of 2A.
- Upon clicking the ‘detail’ button, you will land on a new window where you can find the entire calculation and the invoices of original and amended data.
- Available under the tab ‘Original’ the original data of the respective month is there. Similarly, the amended data is visible below the ‘Original Amendments’ tab.
- Secondly, you can compare the ITC claimed in your GSTR 3B and in the books of accounts. Select ‘Compare with Credit Register’.
- If the ‘Input Credit Ledger’ is already added and the eligibility is marked by your end in the software then you can see the data as per register option.
- Select ‘Compare’ > difference between GSTR 1 and GSTR 3B. Then you will be directed to the window showing the difference between the two. For the entire description, select the reconciliation button. User can select the time period related to which he wants to see the details (Monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly, Yearly)
- Select the GSTR 3B ‘Full Form’ tab > under the option ‘Outward and Inward Supplies’ option you can fill in the details manually. Or you can import the data from excel, JSON GSTR-1 using ‘Import option’.
- Go back to ‘Outward and Inward Supplies’ and now click on Inter-State-Supplies > Eligible ITC tab.
- Under the ITC tab, one can manually enter the details or import the data from external files.
- Back to ‘Eligible ITC’ tab, select Nil rated supply and here fill details of inter and intra state supplies.
- Now comes Payment of Tax. Here you can find the balance payable from your end including both cash and credit details. > Save the details.
- As per the government norms, interest will come auto-populated according to the due date. > here you need to choose ‘Save Interest’ to show the interest in report tab.
- Then is ‘late fee’. Here you can find the amount charged as a late fee. Save the details using ‘saving’ tab.
- Finally, select the update tab and re-confirm and update the details that you have pre-filled in the software.
- Go to ‘E-File’ and import the completed GSTR 3B form on the main portal.
- You can simply see the report of the return.
- The Consolidated report includes the data of outward & inward supplies, interstate supplies, eligibility of ITC, inward supplies, Payment of tax.
- The interest report includes the interest of each month or selected period. Detailed Interest Report (details of the interest payable according to Month wise).
- For late fee report select late fee report option.