When it comes to gaming, most users are entertained by the freedom that PC gaming treats them with. However, there still are some events when things take a wrong turn. PC gaming does throw tantrums like performance issues, graphical glitches etc. and what would possibly make a gamer fume more? Well, taking care of your PC plays a grand role deciding the directions your gaming experience is taking you. Therefore, we have brought you this section highlighting the common PC gaming issues and their solutions. Even if you haven’t been at that big fat disappointment yet, here are some problems and of course, solutions every gamer must know.
Common Issues with PC Gaming and The Best Fixes
There are some problems that every PC gamer ends up being a victim to at some point and there will never be enough words to express the kind of a burn that feels like. Here are the most common issues that creep in and destroy the gameplay:
- Game pixelation
- Poor Visual Effects
- Game Crashing
- Tearing and Stuttering
There can be multiple reasons including driver and compatibility issues for which your gameplay gets compromised. You can dig into your system and try to enable V-Sync and reinstall sound drivers in order to keep these issues away. Let’s jump to the part where we have got the quick solutions that you can try if you are being tortured by a big screen of gaming mishap.
1. Update Drivers
One of the major reasons that push your gameplay to disappoint you are outdated, missing or corrupted drivers. If you are facing the graphical glitches while playing, it is time to take a look at the graphic drivers and update them. Faulty graphic and sound drivers can cause issues like freezing, tearing stuttering and crashes which can be resolved by installing the latest versions.
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to update the drivers on your PC and resolve the gaming issues:
- First of all, you need to hit the Windows key + R key simultaneously on your keyboard. There, you have to type devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter button.
- Now, you have to navigate to the Display adapters branch and then, right-click on the graphics card.
- After that, choose the Properties option and go to the Driver tab.
- Hit the Update Driver option.
- Click on the Search automatically for updated driver software option in order to find the updated drivers.
Now that you have run the process, wait while the Windows finds the right graphic driver for your PC. Once it is done, you can reboot the system in order to complete the process. If Windows fails to find you the driver then you can go to the manufacturer’s website in order to find the correct driver and download it.
Updating drivers manually can be a tedious job. If you are not patient enough to follow the manual method then you can seek any best driver update software in order to make the installation of update drivers quicker and more effective. You can use any trusted or best reviewed third-party driver update software to eradicate the graphic driver issues and boost your gameplay.
2. Enable V-Sync
The conflicting frame rate between the monitor and GPU can result in the tearing and stuttering in your Windows gameplay. Fortunately, you can take a hand from V-Sync settings that allow you to choose to sync GPU and VDU frame rates. If you have landed upon the game tearing problem, then syncing frame rates may be the answer.
Here is how you can do that:
- Right-click on your desktop and choose NVIDIA Control Panel from the menu.
- Hit the 3D settings option and then choose Manage 3D Settings.
- Now, choose the Force on option from the Vertical sync menu.
- Right-click on your desktop in order to turn the AMD Enhanced Sync on and choose the AMD Radeon Settings option.
- Hit the Global Settings from the AMD Radeon Settings window and then click on the Wait for Vertical Refresh to choose the Enhanced Sync option.
3. Shut Down Background Apps
When system resources are not fully optimized, issues like tearing, freezing etc. are likely to come up. In order to save your gameplay from that, you can shut down the background apps that are eating up the system resources on your PC.
Here are the steps to stop the background apps from interrupting your gaming:
- Hit the right-click on the Start menu and select Task manager from there.
- Select a program from the Processes tab on Task Manager.
- Now, click the End Task button in order to close that program.
You can turn off any third-party service that is eating up your RAM unnecessarily. To do that, you can double-click it from under the Background processes and then right-click it to select the stop option.
4. Limit the Graphical Settings
Keeping the graphical settings on your PC set high can cause disturbances in your gameplay in many ways. When the graphical settings are way too high, you can face issues like stuttering during the gameplay. Therefore, you need to reduce the graphical settings tof any game either to standard or low option in order to eliminate the issues.
Letting the graphical settings be lower will definitely bring your gaming experience some relief. This method will boost speed and allow your game to run seamlessly. You can navigate to the games’ settings in order to check the graphical options including the resolution. There you will be able to adjust the settings. Doing this, you will be able to fix problems like stuttering in your PC.
Now that you have learned the quick solutions for the PC gaming issues, you should be able to fix the problem now. Apart from that, you need to check up on the network connection and admin permissions in order to prevent any interruption. Do you have more to add to it? Feel free to write your suggestions and opinions in the comment section.