Breast implant surgery involves surgically altering the breast to increase its size. Breast Implant surgery is often referred to as breast enlargement and mammaplasty implant. It enlarges the breasts by the use of breast implants. The majority of women who have breast implants do it for cosmetic or aesthetic reasons. Additionally, your doctor may prescribe this treatment for breast reconstruction following breast surgery.
Breast Implant surgery is a popular but substantial procedure that has several risks and potential consequences. You may have less invasive choices for enhancing the size or contour of your breasts. Before undergoing breast implant surgery, consider seeking a second opinion on all of your treatment options.
Breast implant types
Breast implants are classified into the following categories:
- Implants filled with sterile salt water are referred to as saline implants. If a leak occurs with this sort of implant, it will collapse. Your body will absorb and remove the saltwater.
- Silicone implants are filled with a gel that has a more natural feel. If a leak occurs with this sort of implant, it may not collapse. Your doctor may demand routine ultrasound imaging to verify the implant’s health and function.
Why is it done?
Breast implant surgery may benefit you in the following ways:
- Enhance your look if you believe your breasts are tiny or smaller than the other, which affects how you dress or the style of bra required to compensate for the asymmetry.
- Adjust for breast size decrease during pregnancy or considerable weight loss.
- Reconstruct unequal breasts following various types of breast surgery.
- Increase your self-esteem
- Discuss your objectives with your plastic surgeon to be realistic about the benefits of breast implants.
Breast implant infection
Systemic symptoms, referred to as breast implant disease, may occur as a result of breast implants. The precise link between these symptoms and breast implants is unknown. Fatigue, memory loss, skin rash, difficulty focusing and thinking correctly, and joint discomfort have been reported signs and symptoms. Breast implant surgery may alleviate the problems. The investigation into the connection and causation is underway. Consult your plastic surgeon if you have breast implants and exhibit any of the following signs or symptoms.
Consult your doctor if you detect any changes to your breasts or implants. Following-up visits and proper screening tests can help discover and treat any problems associated with breast implant surgery.
What effect may breast implant surgery have on my daily life?
Breast implant surgery may raise your self-confidence and increase your pleasure with your look. Surgeons emphasise the need of being realistic about the extent to which breast implants may enhance one’s self-image.
Understand what aesthetic breast implant surgery can and cannot accomplish in terms of improving your overall look. As with natural breasts, time, gravity, and age will ultimately influence the size and form of your breast implants.
It is critical to inform every member of your healthcare team about your breast implant procedure. It might make it increasingly challenging to feel for or detect breast lumps on mammograms. Breast enlargement might also make nursing more difficult.