- Launch a web browser from a laptop or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network either with ethernet or WiFi.
- You can use any of your web browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge.
- Enter routerlogin.net into your web browser’s address bar.
NOTE: You can also try the router’s default IP address (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1).
- Hit Enter or click Search.
NOTE: Your browser might be warning you that, the connection is not secure. You need to verify that the web address “routerlogin.net” that you entered is correct and proceed to the router login window.
- In the router login window, please enter the username and password for your nighthawk R7000.
NOTE: The username is admin and the default password is password. Entries are case-sensitive.
If you forget your password.
- Click or tap OK or Log In.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
If in case you forget the Admin Password. You can go with the following steps:
NETGEAR router password recovery allows you to recover your admin password if it is changed or forgotten. As per the NETGEAR recommendation, you need to enable router password recovery if you change the admin password for your router.
With password recovery option helps you to get the password to login to your R7000.
If in case, you didn’t enable the router password recovery.
The following recovery process is supported by all web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome but not Safari.
Note: If you previously enabled router password recovery, follow these steps to recover your admin password.
To recover your admin password using the password recovery feature:
- Launch a web browser from a computer that is connected to your router’s wireless network.
Popular web browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Type into your web browser’s address bar.
Note: You can also type your router’s default IP address (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1).
- Login window displays.
- You can click on Cancel.
The Router Password Recovery window displays on your Computer.
- Enter your router’s serial number.
To find your router’s serial number. You can check out on the bottom or backside of your R7000 Nighthawk.
- Press Continue.
- Answer your security questions.
If you cannot answer your security questions.
- Click on the Continue button.
Your admin password displays.
If you cannot answer your security questions:
If you don’t know the security question for your R7000 which you set up at the time of Initial Setup. You can go with the reset process. It means you need to go with reset the Netgear to factory default settings.
A factory reset deletes all personalized settings including your user name, password, WiFi network name (SSID), and security settings. The Reset is necessary when you cannot recover your password.
If you enabled the password recovery feature.
Steps to perform a factory reset:
- You need to verify that your R7000 router’s power light is on.
- Look at the back of your router, locate the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button. There is a tiny hole available
- Use a paper clip or similar object like a safety pin to press and hold the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button for seven seconds.
- You can release the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button.
Your router resets.
When you log in to your router again, use the default login credentials:
- User Name: admin
- Password: password
If you are facing any issues while login to your R7000. Use the following steps to get access to your router admin page:
- First ensure you are using the proper web address, user name, and password.
- Web address: www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com
- Username: admin
- Password: password
NOTE: If you previously changed the admin password for your router, the default password (password) will no longer work.
- If you receive an error message, Whenever you are attempting to access the routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net web address. In that case, try clearing your internet browser cache using the following links:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
NOTE: Using a different browser to login R7000 may also resolve your access error. E.g. If you normally use Mozilla Firefox, try accessing the router login pages from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari.
- Another solution is to use your router IP address (http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1) to login instead of using the routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net addresses.
Lastly, you can easily get into your R7000 web management page. Still, if you are facing any issues with login. You can talk to our Technician.