Netgear Arlo Camera helps you to set up security for your home and workplace. You can get access to your Arlo Camera by typing “arlo.netgear.com”. The most important feature that you can use for Arlo Camera is to add friends to your Arlo account.
Some of the features that your friends can enjoy by login “arlo.netgear.com”:bout it.
- View live streams from your Arlo cameras
- Record Video Clips
- View and share the clip, mark as favorite, and delete the clips from the library
- Take snapshots.
- View live streams from your Arlo cameras: The Netgear Arlo allows your friends to view the live streaming from your Arlo Camera. Once he/she login to the Arlo account, they can see all the available cameras. When they click on LIVE, they can see the live streaming.
- Record Video Clips: When you give them access to your Arlo account, they can log in to the Arlo account and record the video clips that they want to record and store it.
- Share, View or Delete Options: It is very interesting to know that your friends can be share and delete the recorded video clips from the library. It depends upon the type of access you gave to your friend.
- Take Snapshot: They can easily take screenshots after login to your Arlo account.
For Administrators, he/she can give limited access to their friends. It depends upon the admin to granting limited access to some of the settings and features of your Arlo account. You can assign the particular cameras for friends and they can able to see that. These steps only performed by the administrative because these rights are available to them.
Following Rights For Friends Those Have Grant Access:
- Play and pause video footage
- Record video footage
- Mute the speaker
- Enter full-screen view
- View live footage
- Zoom and drag video footage
- Control brightness
- Access and change modes
- View motion detection statuses
- Manually record
- Take snapshots
- Mark as a favorite, share and download the video clips, and delete the video clips
- Use a camera’s microphone
Friends Without Access Rights Can Do The Following:
Play and view library content
• View live footage
• Zoom and drag video footage
• Control brightness
• Enter full-screen view
To Add A Friend To Access Your Arlo Account:
1. Open up the Arlo App on your mobile device. If you are using a computer, enter arlo.netgear.com at the top of a browser. The Arlo login page displays.
2. Go to Settings. The Settings page shows you up there.
3. Under Account, click on the Grant Access option. The Friends page displays.
4. Tap or click Add or the + symbol to add the friend.
5. Get ready with the first name, last name, and email address of the person that you want to add as a friend and put it there.
6. After that, it will ask for the cameras that you want the friend to be able to access.
7. Click on the Send Invitation. An email is sent inviting the friend and to create an Arlo account.
This friend’s name is displayed with the status Pending Until your friend accepts your invitation. The status changes to Accepted.
To Edit A Friend’s Access Privileges:
1. Tap the Arlo App on your mobile device. If you are using a computer, go to “arlo.netgear.com” in the address bar of a browser. Where you get the Arlo account login screen.
2. Look for the Settings option and select the Settings. It shows your settings window.
3. Under the Account window, select the Grant Access.
4. A list of your friend’s displays and the status of their accounts.
5. Select the friend and click on Edit. The Edit page displays.
6. You can select or deselect the cameras for the new settings.
7. Click on the Allow Access Rights. Selecting Allow Access Rights allows your friend to access the account and camera settings.
8. When you click on done. Your new settings have been saved.
To Delete A Friend’s Privileges:
1. Go to your Arlo app on your mobile device. In the case of a computer, enter arlo.netgear.com in the web browser. Arlo account login screen prompt.
2. After login to your Arlo account, select the Settings.
3. When you go to Account, select the Grant Access. A list is available that shows the friends and status of their accounts.
4. Select the friend and edit it. It will show you the options under edit.
5. Click on Delete (Friend’s account).
6. Authentication will appear on your device, click on Yes. The friend’s account is deleted.
As mentioned above steps help you to add or delete the friend’s access to your Arlo account. You can manage the settings and follow them one by one. Still getting issues with it, feels free to ask more about it.