Landed into QuickBooks error code 15104 and don’t know the right fix? If yes, then reading this piece of writing will surely be of great assistance. The QuickBooks error code 15104 is often experienced when there is a damaged windows registry entry or if there is a damaged QuickBooks update. This error can be fixed using some set of steps discussed later in this post. To know more, make sure to read this post till the end or you can also get in touch with our team professionals at +1-844-521-0490and ask our experts to help you with the fixation of the issue.
Important points to remember
There are certain pointers that one should keep in mind before heading forward.
- If the user is using multi-user mode, then it is suggested to change it to single-user mode.
- Make sure that the mapped file location is correct.
- Now press ctrl + 1 to open the product information window and also choose help and update QuickBooks tab
- Also, go for the options and ensure that the information in download location is correct
- Make sure that the software installation directory must be the same as the directory that is in the download location when the shared download is set as no
Steps to resolve the error
The steps related to opening QuickBooks in selective startup mode to get rid of such an error in QuickBooks can be followed.
- The very first step is to press the Windows + R keys, which will open the Run command window.
- After that a cursor on the Run command screen will appear, and you must type MSConfig.
- Now, click on the OK button.
- And head to the General tab and choose Selective Startup and Load system services.
- Now, move to the Services tab.
- The next step is to click on the Hide all Microsoft Services option and then press the Disable all option.
- And also click the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox to uncheck it.
- The user should choose the Windows Installer checkbox under the list of services.
- And also hit the OK button.
- The user should then reboot your system from the System Configuration window.
- And when the PC restarts, install QuickBooks Desktop updates while it is still in the Selective Startup Mode.
- If the process is successful, turn on the Normal configuration and check if the issue gets fixed
Read Also: Ways to creating QuickBooks accountant copy
At the end of this post, we expect that the reader might be able to eliminate the issue using the steps listed above. However, if there is any query or if the user needs our assistance at some point in time, then contacting our QuickBooks technical support team at +1-844-521-0490is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support services.