Digital transformation is playing a pivotal role in the airline industry. It simplifies a wide range of operations, including aircrew transportation management. Many software, applications, and tech-enabled imperatives are taking center stage to enable seamless airline crew transport.
What’s more important is that the airlines and airport authorities have the privilege of adopting a comprehensive airport crew transportation management solution to enable timely arrivals of aircrew, better crew scheduling, manage complex administration tasks, and automate the entire aircrew transportation.
Today’s blog will give you detailed insights into aircrew transportation, its advantages, and how airlines can combat the potential commuting challenges of aircrew. So without further ado, let’s dive right in.
What is the Air Crew Transportation Management Solution? Who can Benefit from this Solution?
It is a data-driven transportation management platform that helps airports and airlines to automate commute operations for their staff. The automated system simplifies the transportation process while delivering a hassle-free mobility experience to aircrew.
To put it simply, an air crew transport management solution is a centralized technology extension that helps key decision-makers of airlines to enhance operational efficiencies and focus on the core business competencies. Equivalent to modern airline crew scheduling software, it has the capability to plan and automate staff scheduling.uploadarticle.com
In addition, the exclusive digital solution for airlines is jam-packed with powerful features. Here is the list of air crew transport management solution features:
- Provides real-time visibility to aircrew into vehicle bookings, ETA, routes, costs, and more with a unified dashboard backed by a robust reporting mechanism.
- Tracks and manages all data related to aircrew, including their shifts, daily tasks, hotel bookings, etc., to avoid trip complexities.
- Notifies flight crew as well as airport ground crew about sudden operational changes and trip updates quickly.
- Caters to unexpected or sudden crew transportation needs and addresses potential discrepancies with utmost precision when required.
- Enables flight staff to make vehicle bookings, access ride details, and share special instructions, if any, with complete transparency and security.
- Manages chauffeurs and fleets by helping them keep tabs on delegated duties, completed/ongoing trips, traffic conditions, planned routes, and so on.
- Successfully addresses multiple transportation requests with a dedicated online booking system.
- Prepares a well-defined roster for airline crew to plan and schedule bookings for vehicles, hotels, and flights.