Surprised, how can Deaf People able to communicate with the normal Deaf People? Well! this is the miracle of our today’s science. Of course, the most important thing in communication is hearing. Exactly! the subject of this talk is hearing an improvement. A small device can help the ability to hear of completely hearing impaired Deaf People, known as HEARING AID machine. Let’s start by looking at the definition.
A hearing aid is a tiny electrical device fit in or behind a person’s ear. It makes sounds louder so that a person with hearing loss can listen and communicate better. It is a familiar and foremost solution with advanced technology for hearing loss. A hearing device can help Deaf People to hear symmetrically in both quiet and noisy situations.
How It Works Deaf People:
To begin with, a hearing aid magnifies sound vibrations. It has a microphone, amplifier, and speaker. Sounds picked up by the microphone, which converts the sound waves into electrical signals and sends them to an amplifier. The amplifier processes sound and send them to the ear through a tiny speaker.
In addition, there are many types of hearing aids which vary in size, power, and circuitry. Hearing aids are only advisable after your hearing is tested, hearing care professional or Audiologist will work with you to find the right hearing aids for you.
To explain above, hearing aids can be classified into two main groups: in-the-ear (ITE) styles and behind-the-ear (BTE) styles. Within each group, there are various different sizes and styles.
In the ear (ITE) styles:
ITE hearing aids are custom-made to fit each individual’s ear. Being larger, these are easier to insert and can hold extra features. They can be used in both mild to some severe hearing losses. These styles are available in different skin tones to blend with the outer ear. ITE hearing aids are typically more expensive because they are custom fitted to the patient’s ear.
Common ITE styles (small to large)
- Invisible in the canal (IIC) or completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aids:
- Because of their tiny size not only is it invisible to everyone else, itis configured to fit smoothly into your lifestyle.
- It can be a bit tricky to remove and insert.
- IIC and CIC types are not suitable for more elderly Deaf People because it fits deeper into the canal.
- Only the tip part of a mini plastic handle noticeably outside the canal, which is mainly used for wearing.
- In-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids:
- Have longer battery life and medium in size.
- Advisable For mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Custom-made for individual and easy to insert and take out.
- Variety of color options available and only small portion of hearing aid visible.
- Appropriate volume control option is enclosed, for which works even better in noisy places.
Behind-the-ear (BTE) styles:
In BTE hearing machines, there is a speaker and microphone behind or on top of the outer ear, and it has foolproof buttons or dials which makes it more adjustable. BTE styles are suitable for almost all ages and can be used in moderate to severe hearing loss.
Common BTE Styles:
- Mini BTE with slim tube and tip:
- Advisable for mild to moderate hearing loss severity having powerful processing technology.
- Various color options possible and available in the highly styling package.
- The receiver in Canal (RIC):
- Mini receivers with different level of amplification sit directly in the ear canal.
- More comfortable wearing than other hearing machines.
- RIC is becoming more popular among users due to the convenience of wireless connectivity and less visibility.
- The receiver in the Ear (RITE):
- A two-piece system and fully automated.
- It easily fits either at the back or the ear and connects to a mini receiver in the ear canal through a thin wire.
- Available in different color and price range.
Accordingly, digital technology created an effective solution for a wide range of hearing problems and make it able to address the specific needs of the Deaf People thoroughly.