Link sys range extenderis the most advanced device in today’s modern world that allows you to repeat the existing or current wireless signals of any router or the access point. Thus, it provides internet connectivity even in hard-to-reach areas with the help of safe and secure wireless connection. All you have to do is simply complete the process of Linksys WiFi range extender setup and enjoy fast speed internet on all your smart devices.
But the main issue arises while setting up the extender is that users are unable to access Linksys extender login page. If you are also experiencing the same issue, then you will be glad to know that you have reached the right destination. This post will guide you on how to access the Link sys extender setup page (web-based).
For a Non-Configured Range Extender
First of all, you have to plug a computer or laptop to the Link sys extender’s Ethernet port.
You will need to access Link sys extender.linksys.com page in the following scenarios:
- You gotta a range extender that hasn’t been configured yet.
- You have successfully reset Link sys range extender and now tend to perform Linksys range extender setup manually.
- The extender has been set up successfully but it is not connecting to the wireless router.
Now, go through the steps given below to access extender.linksys.com webpage.
Plug in your range extender to a power outlet closer to the computer and existing router and wait for the LED lights on it become stable or in blinking mode.
Connect your PC to the Linksys range extender with the help of a cable.
Launch an updated version of internet browser on your computer. For Linksys WiFi extender login, type the default IP address of the device into the address bar.
You will now be prompted to provide username and password to the asked fields (default). Fill them all and proceed further. If you don’t have the login credentials, ask our expert technicians for help.
Fab! You are now able to access the web-based setup page of Linksys range extender in a safe and secure manner.
For a Configured Range Extender
For this, you would acquire to have the default IP address of Linksys range extender. By this, you can easily access its web-based setup page without any issue. On the other hand, you can also check the router’s DHCP client table of the IP address of the Linksys extender.
Here are the steps according to the operating system your computer is running.
- At the very first attempt, hit the start button.
- On the left pane click network.
- Right click on your Linksys extender.
- Once you have redirected to the Linksys extender web-based setup page i.e., you will be prompted for login credentials.
- Click on ok button.
Windows 8/ 8.1
- Firstly, show the Charms bar.
- Point your cursor on the top-right corner of the home screen and click on search.
- Now, in the field or search bar, hit the network app.
- Take the cursor on your range extender, right click on it and select properties.
- Load up a web browser and type the IP address of your Linksys device into its address bar.
- Fill in the username and password.
- At last, click Login.
Windows 7/ Vista
- Hit the pearl button.
- Click on network option.
- Right-click on the model number if your range extender.
- Pull up a web browser, enter the IP address of your device, fill in the username and password and hit either OK or Login.
- Hit the start button.
- Select properties by right clicking on your range extender’s model number.
- Launch an internet browser and write the Linksys extender’s IP address into the address bar.
- Onto the required fields, fill the login credentials and at last, click on ok.
Important Note: The aforementioned process is meant only for your Linksys device so that you can easily access the web-based setup page.
Mac OS X
- Launch a Safari browser.
- Look for Linksys device and double-click on it.
- Enter a valid password as well as the username (default).
- For more assistance, contact our Linksys extender troubleshooting team.
Was this article helpful? Were the views shared in it resolving all your issues? Do comment your valuable feedback below. Here, you can ask us anything whatsoever is in your mind.