Nowadays Air conditioning can be found almost everywhere. For your homes to shopping malls and even in your car, air conditioning comes in various shapes and sizes.AC it seems, has become a necessity of the modern world. This necessity is also a must have for your own home. While shopping for an air conditioning system there are a few things to look out for. Namely, what is the right kind of system for you? How do you determine it?
Also, buying is half of the story, what about the air conditioning installation? If a system is not properly installed it will eat into your electricity bills.
If you’re worried about any of these questions, then breathe easy. This article will guide through the basics of what system might suit you and air conditioning installation.
The Right System for You
it’s easy to get carried away and purchase a system that is brimming with extravagance and much more than what you actually need. This can lead to more energy usage, costly maintenance, and repair.
However, this can be easily avoided. There are basically two types of modern ACs. One is the Central Air Conditioning System, while is other is the Split AC system. If you’re on a budget and/or have a small home, the later would be more than adequate for your needs.
You should always know the square footage of the area that needs to be cool to know that how big air conditioner you should buy. A 2000 sq foot house requires approximately a 2-ton AC. With this base measurement, you should calculate the exact tonnage of the air conditioning system you need. Don’t buy the air conditioner if the energy saving star label is not printed on it.
On Air Conditioning Installation
It does not matter what kind of system you choose. There are a few things to look out for when installing any of the two types of air conditioning systems.
- For ducted, central air conditioning installation, the first step is to see if you’re installing your system in pre-built ducts. If that’s the case then it is always a good idea to check the ducts for the leak as 20% of the cooling can be wasted by leaks.
- Its next most important step is to get a new filter. An expensive filter that meets the standards might hurt your pocket initially but will save money in the long run.
- A good filter can have many advantages. Cleaner air, lesser dust and residue buildup can reduce maintenance costs.
- While installing slept air conditioning, it’s important to check the length of the piping between the indoor and outdoor units. It’s also important to make sure that the piping is not constricted, this will reduce efficiency.
- Apart from hitting the cooling efficiency, constricted piping can also lead the unit to become overworked. This will increase wear on your air conditioning unit.
- The outdoor unit should also be adequately protected from the elements. An outdoor unit that is exposed to water and sunlight can have much-increased wear, effectively shortening lifespan and leading to very high maintenance and repair costs.
Do Not Overspend
The main criteria should be adequate cooling, reasonable price, ease of installation and low running costs. Also, wait till winter, as the best offers on ACs are available during winter. It’s all about making the smarter choice, not the pricier one. Take your time and then make the decision, do more research, find out the exact tonnage you need. State of the art systems may look good on paper but often have much higher upkeep.
You should leave everything regarding installation on a professional mechanic to be on safer side. You should always look for a certified and trained professional for air Conditioning Installation to so that the ac will be installed without any damage to your property. If you are in Australia and looking for an air conditioner installation service, then search online for best providers.