Engineering Colleges India is not just a degree but a way of thinking. A good engineering college is the one that polishes and refines the thoughts of the students to transform into engineers.
An engineering degree offers a wide range of career possibilities. One can choose to be electrical or computer engineer or try something in the non-conventional fields of environmental and biomedical engineering. They can choose to work for the benefit of the society by working on projects that are developing ways for cleaning up the environment, developing prosthetic aids for disabled persons, developing clean and efficient transportation systems or maybe finding new sources of energy. An engineering education will develop your brain to think logically and to solve problems. Engineering is one of the most lucrative of career options among the aspiring students. Engineering Colleges India graduates can start their career with a higher paying job than what is offered in any other discipline to the applicants.
Albert Einstein once said, “Scientists investigate that which already is; engineers create that which has never been.”
How to Get Admission in Engineering Colleges India
Every student aspiring to take admission in best engineering colleges should keep a track of various entrance exams conducted all over the country. The top 10 engineering entrance exams in Engineering Colleges India are:
- JEE MAIN (previously known as AIEEE),
- JEE Advanced,
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE)
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE),
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHTCET),
- Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET),
- Andhra Pradesh Engineering Colleges India, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (AP EAMCET),
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE)
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination (KIITEE)
To appear in any of these exams candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with physics, maths as main subjects and acquired minimum required percentage. JEE Advanced is the admission test for the 23 IITs in Engineering Colleges India and to appear candidates must be among the top 1,50,000 rank holders in JEE Main. Higher the rankings of a candidate in these exams more are the options of colleges for them to choose from. In some cases, academies provide students with scholarships based on their rankings in these exams. These scholarships are of great help to the meritorious and needy students.
Top Private Engineering Colleges
Other than the various government institutes like the IITs and NITs, Engineering Colleges India has a number of private colleges that provide good quality engineering education. Some of these colleges are:
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Indo Global Group of Colleges, Chandigarh
- Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Noida
These colleges offer degree/diploma courses at various Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral level in the fields of engineering. Top engineering colleges try to build a strong fundamental base in the traditional areas of engineering. They have a well-researched curriculum that promotes independent thinking and encourages the students to meet the global standards of the industry.