The position of Chef is considered as the head of the kitchen from small-scale hotels to big restaurants. He is a trained professional cook who is expert in all aspects of food preparation. In other words, the chef is a person who efficiently converts raw material into finger licking dishes. The chef training colleges in Pune are highly recognized for creating world-class professional Chefs who have earned huge name and fame in this industry.
So, to become a chef you need to pursue a hotel management course which is of 3years duration. But now a days many institutes provide diploma and certificate chef training courses as well. These courses are helpful in gaining the best job in hospitality not only in India but also overseas.
Now, let us discuss what makes the colleges the best chef training college in Pune and become your preferred choice for taking admission there –
- Café /Restaurant – The institute should have a well-developed food and beverage lab with all the modern amenities and equipment. The students should be delighted to learn and do their practical assignments in a joyful manner.
- Mock Bar – Mock bar should be there, so that the students can learn beverage service and various bar operation like bar management, making procedure and various garnishes, etc.
- Food production lab –The food production lab should be equipped with latest catering equipment. The modern and advanced lab further encourages students to practice their skills with full confidence. They feel like working in the industry only.
- Front Office Lab – The front office lab should be provided with all the modern facilities. This modern lab facility will allow the students to practice a role play or situation handling in concern with practical conducted in front office department.
- Housekeeping lab – The housekeeping lab provides the practical training in its magnificent and well-maintained guest room and practical lab. This department mainly emphasizes on cleaning and maintenance.
- Baking and confectionery Lab – The institute should teach the students to make excellent baked products and confectionery in this lab.
- Computer lab – This lab is important as it is used by students for making presentations, logbooks and various format related to the course curriculum.
- Library – large library with a good collection of text and reference books should be there in the campus. A student can use journals, magazines and periodicals to better understand the subject.
- Faculty – The faculty members of chef training courses should be such that they provide knowledge and training to students by using innovative and interesting methods. Weekly and monthly exams should be the part of teaching methods. Apart from regular lectures should be the part of academic curriculum. Faculty of hotel management course should teach the students to be well groomed and disciplined. They should understand the importance of time, looking presentable and disciplined.
- Internship during the course – Hotel industry is considered as one of the largest industry in the world which includes hotels, airlines, cruises, restaurants, resorts, hospital and event management companies, etc. To ensure that the students get the practical knowledge during course, the institute should arrange at least 6 months of internship which should be mandatory for every student. During the internship period, the students experience real-time functioning of the all relevant department of industry.
- Placement – The chef training colleges in Pune have really good placement record and the normal course of recruitment is through campus interview or interview calls arranged by the institute placement cell. These college have collaboration with the institute of overseas to provide a gateway for international education through pathway programme.
After receiving training for the chef from a recognized institute, one can easily have a job in star property and leading restaurants not only in India but also abroad.