Hiring is not at all an easy task to do, but there is another important and challenging task that you need to do before starting the recruitment process is to set the hiring objectives for the year. To plan the IT hiring goals you need to visualize how the company will run throughout the year, and then you can set the hiring objectives for the year. The purposes and the result of hiring in the previous year may help you to set the goals but there are some basic rules to set the hiring objectives. These rules or strategies to set the hiring objectives are conclusively proven in the IT industry.
Setting the hiring objectives before starting the hiring process is essential and also useful to get better hiring and run the hiring process smoothly with strategic movement. This is why the IT recruiters prefer setting the hiring objectives before they take any action for the hiring process.
The primary strategy or rules that help to plan the hiring objectives is stated below.
- Reduce hire failure rates
- Optimize hiring speed
- Implement smart goals
Reduce hire failure rates
The primary issue with the hiring process is hiring failures. Many recruiters don’t know that the hiring process did not end when the recruiter recruited the candidate to the company, and the candidate is hired. The hiring process has a secure connection with employee retention. If the employee leaves the job after a few months of working or if the company is not satisfied with the performance of the employee, they may fire them. Here come the significant issues. The number of employees the company has hired turns into the half after a year in that company. This is why before you set the hiring objectives, you should know why employee retention is not much. Why the employees are resigning. To reduce the hiring failure rates, you must ask yourself the following questions.
Why does the employee resign?
Why does the company fire the employee?
Is there any problem with the employees’ performance?
Is there any problem while working at the company?
Being a recruiter, you must see from the angle of the company as well as the employee. And to solve this issue of hiring failure, there are some measures.
Measures to reduce hiring failure
- Keep track of the previous hiring failure.
- Find out the reason behind the hiring failure.
- Work more in interviewing and screening.
- Work hard to find the best candidate for the company.
- Ask the company to repair its drawbacks.
These are significant measures to reduce hiring failure. Once you know the reasons behind hiring failure, this will help to set the hiring objective for the upcoming year with a full proof plan.
Optimize hiring speed
A significant reason behind hiring failure is the speed of hiring. Several selected candidates refuse the recruitment because o the delay to the news of hiring. Most of the recruitment companies do not turn up on time with the placement offer to the candidate; this is why many good candidates are left to hire.
How to optimize the hiring speed
It is essential to optimize hiring speed, but there are some proven strategies which help to optimize the hiring speed, which is stated below.
- Plan the recruitment process before you start the process.
- Use recruiting tools to fasten the process of recruitment.
- Be organized to secure the process of recruitment.
- Appoint experienced recruiters for better recruitments.
- Makes the team with enough members to run the process smoothly.
- Keep track of the candidate dealing with the recruitment process.
- Keep in touch with the candidate with regular interval.
- Update the candidate about the process and their status in the process.
- Be prompts to share the final new of recruitment to the candidates.
Increasing the speed of hiring will help to grab the best candidate fast. Being a recruiter, you must know what the demand for suitable candidates is. So, don’t make any late with the recruitment process so that you need not face hiring failure before you set the objective set your plan of recruiting and bring on boards all the tools of recruitment so that there is no problem with the hiring further.
Implement smart goal
In this fast-moving world, people prefer quick work rather than hard work. This is why to make the job done smartly there is some intelligent goal that you must prepare first. There can be lots of goals that you can opt for but focus on what purpose or objectives will help to get better recruitment. Find out the smart objectives so that the rate of hiring failure gets low. Some of the intelligent objectives are stated below.
Smart hiring objectives
- Know your goal and also know the reasons behind setting the goal.
- Find out if you can run the process smoothly or not.
- Make sure the goals that your setting is providing you enough benefit or not.
- Maintain the steps within the proper time frame.
Apart from these three major points that will help to set the hiring objectives for an IT company, some key points will help to set smart hiring objectives.
- Know the reason behind this hiring.
- Decide the number of candidates that you are going to hire.
- Make sure that you can employ.
- Recheck all your tools and charge up your team for better hire.
- Reach the goals on time with proper effort.
- Be punctual to stay on the track and hire the best candidate available.
If you can keep the points as mentioned above in mind, then you can set good hiring objectives for the year. These points are especially recommended for the IT companies because mostly they face hiring failure. This is why setting a good hiring objective keeping these things in mind.