In the Union Budget of 2019, the Government of India announced multiple measures that would take the country towards a multi-faceted growth. With digitisation connecting global businesses and easing the connectivity of individuals, India needed a similar boost to its existing communication channels.
One such initiative that would connect individuals across the country is the introduction of One Nation One Card Yojana 2019. Bringing under its purview the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC), this scheme is expected to change the dynamics of how Indians commuted as well as made payments up until now. Take a closer look at this scheme and all other essential details related to it.
One Nation One card Yojana 2019 – What does it comprise?
Falling under the ‘Make in India’ project launched by the Government of India, the One Nation One Card (ONOC) scheme seeks to unify the country’s transportation system. The National Common Mobility Card, issued under the scheme, has been developed indigenously and aims to make India more self-sufficient and rely less on technology from outside the country.
The ONOC scheme aims to enable individuals to use a single card for multiple transactions across the country. Even, students can avail this card and obtain combined benefits with the likes of Bihar student credit card scheme. This card will make the payment system for various transactions easy. So, you can use it to pay for the metro fare, bus fare, toll taxes, railway ticket booking and the likes of it.
Also, you may use the debit or credit card for transactions to avail combined benefits they will bring along. Especially, with credit card facilities like easy EMI conversion and interest-free cash withdrawals, financial accessibility gets a whole lot better for Indians.
Offered along with the likes of Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard, these options make funding just a swipe or click away. Not to mention, the card issuers facilitate instant application approval for the same along with joining bonuses, rewards and other savings.
Bajaj Finserv also brings pre-approved offers that make financing hassle-free and quick. You may receive these offers on home loans, business loans and personal loans along with various other financial products. All you need to do is provide a few essential details to check your pre-approved loan offer.
Highlights of the National Common Mobility Card:
Here are a few highlights concerning this unified mobility card under the ONOC scheme.
- It was launched on 4th March 2019.
- It was conceived by MoHUA under the Government of India.
- NPCI completed the card’s designing, development and testing.
- The RuPay card mechanism powers this card.
- Reader prototype for this card was developed by BEL (Bharat Electronics Limited).
- The scheme follows a card-based payment model.
- All Indian citizens, irrespective of their employment, income or economic status, can benefit from it.
As the scheme is still in its initial stage, the process of how to apply for the same is still under consideration. However, if you wish to avail it, you may contact the financial institution with which you have your account. As per the central government, the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) will be a mix of both mobility and RuPay card.
Benefits of the ONOC scheme:
The scheme comes with multiple benefits for Indian citizens. Check them out below:
- You can use this credit card in several ways.
- It allows you to directly pay for your fare when travelling through metros, buses or trains.
- You may also go for retail purchases with it.
- You may avail cash backs when travelling abroad, which will include 5% for ATM withdrawals and 10% for merchant outlet swiping.
- You can also use it to make payments of low value like toll taxes, parking charges, etc.
- You will receive refunds of any payments directly in your account that is linked with it.
Such varying benefits make this unified National Common Mobility Card a useful payment and financing mode. You may utilise it along with your credit card to make the most out of it.