How to setup Guest Network in Netgear AX5700 Router?
Guest Network in Netgear AX5700 Router is a network that enhances the security level of the network by keeping the unwanted user away from accessing the network. Only the allowed users are permitted to access this network. The network uses a separate Network Name and Wi-Fi password from the common one. By default this network is disabled but with the help of www.routerlogin.net interface, the user can enable it and can utilize it completely. The user can enable as well as configure this network for both the frequency bands within the router.
Steps to setup Guest Network in Netgear AX5700 Router
- Open a browser in your Wi-Fi-connected computer or wireless device.
- Bring the cursor to the URL of the browser and type www.routerlogin.net on the address bar of the browser. In case you are not able to connect with the Netgear Router login page, type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar.
- Press Enter and Netgear Router login page appear on the screen.
- Type “admin” on the username tab as the default username and mention the password you applied during the Netgear Router setup process. If you haven’t changed the default password, type “password” on the password field. Both the credential fields are case-sensitive.
- Click on the login button and you will be redirected to the home screen of routerlogin.net
- Select the Guest Network tab and the settings page of the Guest Network page displays on the screen.
- Now, select the frequency band for which you want your Guest Network to be activated.
- Enable Guest Network by selecting its checkbox, By default the Guest Network is disabled.
- Now, enable the SSID Broadcast option and by default, the Wi-Fi clients are connected to 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Guest Wi-Fi network.
- Clear the enable of SSID checkbox that will allow the guest user to access the local network. By default, the user connected to any of the frequency bands cannot be able to access any Ethernet or Wi-Fi device connected to the main Wi-Fi range.
- Now, select the Wi-Fi security options for your Guest Network.
- If you select the None option, the user who wants to join you doesn’t need any Wi-Fi security password to get connected to your network. Nearby users can join any of the frequency band networks. This is the default security of the Guest Network.
- The second security option is WPA2-PSK[AES] that provides a reliable and strong connection but in this security type, but the only con of this security type is that some of the Wi-Fi routers only support WPA but not WPA2. If the network you are using is connected with such devices, it is strongly recommended, not to select this security type to select another security type.
- Third type of security type is WPA-PSK[TKIP] + WPA2-PSK[AES]. In this type of security, it enabled the device that supports any one of WPA or WPA2 to join any frequency band of the network, however, this security is more secure than WPA-2 PSK[TKIP]
- Now to keep the password for your router, enter a phase from 8 to 63 characters. To join any of the frequency bands to the Guest Network a user must enter the Wi-Fi password that will act as the barrier between the web interface of www.routerlogin.net and the user.
- Click on the Apply button, the settings will be saved.