Colleagues, coworkers, and employees will appreciate when you show how much you value them as well as the contributions that they do to the company. You need to start telling them and making them feel appreciated at any time of the day. Tokens of appreciation or even small surprises will make them realize that you are making the effort to show how much they are treasured.
You should not reserve your appreciation only for special occasions. Be consistent in thanking your employees. An act of gratitude will let them know that they’re cared for. Also, you promote their happiness at work by doing this. You can also highlight the goodqualities that you’re truly grateful for.
Here arethe manyways to show your gratitude to employees and coworkers. All it takes is a sincere appreciation to brighten someone else’s day.
- Give them credit for a job well done.
When you praise a job well done, it will be better to identify the actions that you find admirable. By doing this, the sincerity of your action will be felt because you took the time toemphasize. You’re also placing your focus on the actions that you’d like to see the employee consistently do. Everybody benefits when people are clearly being directed.
- Say thank you and mean it.
Recognize all their hard work and the contributions that they provide to the company.Make sure to give thanks. Also, saying “Please” often is a good gesture. Establishing a gracious, polite, and civilized workplace isappreciated by many.
- Learn about your co-workers’ interests.
Talking about their family, their weekend, and recognizing their hobbies will show that you’re genuinely interested. This act won’t make you appear nosey but this will make people feel valued and cared for. You need to practice this attitude regularly by asking questions such as, “How did your basketball tournament went last weekend?”
- Offer a flexible schedule. If the schedule is too busy, coming up with a calendar will help people balance their time off.According to some companies that provide effective HR services, a flexible work schedule is something that will beappreciated by any employee.
- Give personalized gifts. Get to knowyour employee’s interests and occasionally offer a token of appreciation. This gesture can light up anyone’s day. Giving a greeting card with a heartwarming dedication that speaks about how you feel serves the same purpose. You don’t need a reason every time you write a note or letterbut birthdays and special occasionswould call for one.
- Take them out to lunch.Treat employees to a meal when there’s a birthday to celebrate or even for no reason at all. Let them pick the restaurant of their choice. You can also choose to have food delivered by ordering pizza or lunch from a caterer. Take the lead to schedulebrunch outside when the team has met its current goals ontheagreed schedule.Anniversary is something that has to be included too.
- Little surprises are a big hit. Bringing cookies or cupcakes and sharing sweets to employees will never go out of style. Another item that is a sure hit? Anything chocolate.
- Create an opportunity for advancement. Attending trainings is something people want to participate in especially when their talents will be recognized and enhanced in the event.
Employee appreciation matters. In fact, there is a scarcity on this aspect in some companies. Make sure that your workplace will be the exception. Always find all the opportunities to show your thankfulness and make sure that the gratitude is felt by many.