Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (CCOM) was founded in the year 1900. This has been one of the most well-established and reputable medical schools in the U.S., where it is working as a non-profit school to train professional physicians. Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine faculty and board of directors is completely based on the certified members followed by the College of Health Sciences, as well as the College of Dental Medicine, and later on with the Optometry Program.
Major Academic Departments from CCOM Midwestern
- Psychiatry Rotation
- Healthcare Communications
- Clinical Integration
- Directed Study
- Gross Anatomy
- Physical exam tests
- Simulated patient care
- Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
- Behavioural Health Assessment
- Foundations in Osteopathic Medicine
- Mental Illness and Treatments
- Patient Symptom Presentations
- Elective Clinical Clerkship
- Emergency Medicine
- Clinical Symptom Integration (CSI)
- Internal Medicine
- Clinical Skills Assessment I
- Family Medicine
- Clinical Skills Assessment II
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Major Requirements for CCOM Midwestern
It is mandatory for all the applicants that they should cover a few basic requirements to successfully make themselves part of the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. Few basic requirements are discussed below:
- Applicants should acquire at least a C grade score in all of their previous courses. To let the candidate stay competitive, the applicant needs to score a maximum of 3.00 CGPA out of a scale of 4.00.
- For any applicant who has received the supplementary application, they should acquire a cumulative CGPA of around 2.75 out of 4.00.
- They must have a bachelor’s degree from any of the accredited universities or colleges previously studied.
- Passing through the MCAT is the major requirement that every candidate has to cover up. MCAT score should not be given more than three years back; otherwise, it will not be accepted.
- The applicant has to cover the AMCAS as well as a secondary application.
- Plus it is also mandatory to attach at least 2 letters of recommendation with the application form. One recommendation letter has to be either from any premedical advisory committee or the pre-health advisor or even from the basic science professor from whom the applicant has already studied.
- The second letter of recommendation has to be either from the U.S. licensed D.O. or the M.D. Letters from osteopathic physicians are strongly recommended. No such letter will be accepted that has been written by any family doctor.
- The final selection of the candidates will be made through the admission committee who will send the final list of the selected candidates to the dean of medical school.
2 Main Campuses of Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicinehas two main campuses which we are discussing below with you:
- Downers Grove, Illinois
This campus place has been spread at the area of 105 acres with some classy architectural building and lush green open spaces that are fully well-maintained all around. The campus is also offering the activity centres of wellness hall and recreational places which are based on music room, crafts room, weight room, exercise gym centre, and handball courts.
Apart from all such facilities, this campus is also offering some best athletic fields which are meant for intramural sports. It has a technology-based library centre which is known as “Littlejohn hall”. Their library centre is filled with the latest pieces of journal books along with an extensive electronic-based collection.
The technology centre of this medical school is also based on the study areas, auditorium, and relaxing lounging area. Besides, you can also view the alumni hall, which is based on the facility of the osteopathic manipulative therapy, as well as physical therapy and with the occupational therapy labs, classrooms. It is even accompanied by the research facilities and with well-maintained faculty offices.
The Downers Grove campus also has a Centennial Hall which is based on the pharmacy practice laboratory, as well as three research laboratories, along with 2 258-seat lecture halls or classrooms. The campus equally has a science hall which is based on the five-story building, which is having modern classrooms, as well as research laboratories, well-maintained access to dental simulation clinic, and student testing centre.
- Glendale, Arizona
Next, we have a campus that is established in Glendale in Arizona. This campus has been spread in an area of around 15 acres. It is equipped with the Cactus Wren Hall which is based on modern classes, lecture halls, laboratories, and with few well-maintained conference rooms. All such places are spread in an area of around 78,000 square feet.
Besides it, this campus also has some additional halls which include Sahuaro Hall based on conference rooms, lecture halls, and some laboratory classrooms of medical and educational equipment. This hall occupies the space of around 64,850 sq. ft. of land. The second hall is the Cholla hall which is included with 2 lecture auditoriums, a multi-purpose classroom, a pharmacy laboratory as well a computer la. Occupied in the space of 40,000 sq feet this campus is based on classrooms, practice labs, and a 600-seat dividable auditorium.
Agava hall is completely equipped with modern anatomy and osteopathic manipulative medicine labs all along with various multi-purpose spaces. It is spread in the campus range of over 40,000 sq. ft. Glendale Hall is featuring with the faculty offices, classrooms as well as dental simulation laboratory. Mesquite hall is the hall that is based on the simulation centre and clinical skills. It even features some recreation and wellness hall which includes gymnasium or exercise equipment which both staff and students can use.
Dr Najeeb Lectures or Medical & Health Students
You can successfully pass your MCAT test and all medical examinations with the vast help of Dr Najeeb’s lectures. Dr Najeeb is one of the well-known and reputable online professors who have set-up up his website to share all the medical and health sciences-related videos based on different topics. He covers his videos with all the topics and subjects which are linked with basic sciences, health sciences, neurosciences or the dental field.