As you might already know that User Interface Design is important while creating any application in today’s world. It increases the interaction between the user and the application in addition to the easy accessibility. The UI is a very crucial part of any software application. The usage of any application is majorly dependent on its user interface. To make your application attractive and user-friendly, make sure to design your interface based on the following principles:
- Keep the users in the supervision of the interface.
- Make sure that it’s flexible for users to interact with the product.
- Try to cut down the mental load of the user that can be required while using the app.
- Maintain the consistency between the interface elements.
How to develop a great interface?
Before proceeding to create a user interface, it’s necessary to realize how to develop a great user interface or what qualities must be achieved? For a user interface to be good, make sure it shares the following qualities:
- Clarity: The vagueness in any interface must be removed. You must create the interface in a clear and hierarchical manner using the visual elements. This would avoid the use of manuals or great human efforts and reduce the chances of making any mistake while usage.
- Compactness: In order to make your interface clear and easy to understand, don’t forget to make it short and concise. The overflow of labels and elements can make the interface untidy and difficult to find the required options.
- Familiarity: While creating an interface, make sure to use elements that are common and known to most of the users. This will help users to get a better understanding of the interface and use your application with much ease.
- Responsiveness: It can be counted as two different phenomena. First, in how much time does the application respond to a particular action, and second, what feedback does it provide after attempting that particular action.
- Consistency: Maintain consistency in your interface as this will help the users to analyze the pattern and act accordingly. Once the interface’s environment is known to the users, they can use that experience to explore the new features and areas of the interface.
- Presentation: Making your interface presentable or attractive wouldn’t make the application faster but it would definitely help to attract the users.
- Efficiency: The interface must be created in such a manner that with less amount of effort, the more output can be received and that too within less time duration. An interface with good design and great efficiency tops today’s market.
- Error handling: A very important part of any interface is how does it handle the errors made by the users. You can provide the option to undo, delete, or alter their actions or you can even offer some suggestions in case the user is unable to get the required element. It facilitates the user with freedom and offers a remedy for their problems.
What categories does UI have?
UI is mainly divided into two categories:
- Command Line Interface (CLI): It provides a command prompt to enter and execute the commands. You are required to learn the syntax and commands to work with it. If you are using a text-based command-line interface, then you must be aware of its elements, which are: command prompt, cursor, and command.
- Graphical User Interface (GUI): It offers a graphical way to create an interaction between the user and the application. With the growth in technology, programming experts are creating complex GUI designs that have great efficiency, accuracy, and speed.
If you want you can opt for a UI designer. You can even get certified in the same field. uCertify offers a course for the CIW: User Interface Designer (1D0-621) certification exam. The user interface design course will facilitate you with the abilities of a user interface designing expert and will enhance your skills in the user interface design process. The course offers test preps, performance labs, quizzes, and many more to prepare you for the respective certification exam. It is completely based on the exam objectives of the certification exam and covers topics like user interface designing a basic website, design process, navigation concepts, user-centered web design, and so on. To master your skills and prepare yourself for the exam, don’t forget to check our courses!