All inventions are a result of the increasing demand or necessity for innovation. The demand for a better-performing engine with exceptional mileage, and enhanced efficiency, led Honda to utilize its innovation and technology to build i-VTEC engines.
stands for the Intelligent Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control system. This technology majorly upgraded Honda car engines for sale. These engines check off all the boxes of a modern driver’s requirements. It generates a high-power output while offering hassle-free drivability.
For any Honda fan, the term i-VTEC is synonymous with top-notch performance, fuel efficiency, and reliability. Generally, buyers exploring used Honda engines for sale, want to be thorough about the durability of the engine.
So, if you are curious to learn more about the i-VTEC engine, you are at the right place.
5 Reasons to Buy a Honda i-VTEC Engine
- Lifespan: Honda engines are known to be reliable and i-VTEC falls in the same reliable category as well. A Honda i-VTEC engine can last up to 300,000 miles on average, given it is cared for and maintained properly. These numbers put i-VTEC engines well above the range of the standard engines.
- an average driver is expected to put around 12,500 miles on an engine each year. By that logic, an i-VTEC engine can last for somewhere between 15 and 30 years.
- Accessible Auto Parts: Japanese manufacturing is known to be simple and straightforward. Thus, these engines are easy to work on and if required, the parts are easy to source. So, instead of getting discarded, i-VTEC engines stay functioning.
- Cheap To Fix: Building on the accessibility, Honda engines are also cheap to fix because you won’t have to go way out of your way to get your engine serviced or repaired. It just requires standard maintenance.
- Fewer Parts Under the Hood: Honda engines have a simpler build, which is why there is less possibility for anything to work on. Honda engines are built with fewer parts than American and German engines. Fewer parts mean fewer breakdowns!
- Resale Value: Honda engines, including i-VTEC, have some of the highest resale values in the used auto parts industry. People tend to take better care of Honda engines because they are aware of their durability & longevity. The majority of owners engage in the utmost maintenance of their Honda engines because they know it lasts a long time or they can get money for it in the future. Therefore, Honda used engines for sale are quite in demand.
When you are in the market to buy a new or used Honda engine, it is natural to be concerned about the lifespan of an engine. It’s more so when you are investing in new technology like i-VTEC. Fortunately, Honda lives up to its reputation as all its engines are good to drive for way longer than its competitors.