There is no doubt that changing a router’s password is an easy process. Moreover, to prevent your private information or data from unwanted access as well as the people who get involved in theft or fraud, it becomes compulsory to change the linksyssmartwifi.com router’s Wi-Fi password. Keep reading the following article very carefully to change the password.
Steps to change the Linksys router’s Wi-Fi password
Before we start the password change procedure, it is compulsory to understand that the Linksys router’s Wi-Fi password is not the same as the administrator password.
It involves the following points:-
- Access an internet browser. Now, type the web address www.linksyssmartwifi.com or you may enter the default internet protocol address on the same position.
- Once, the users provide the correct address, then press the Enter key.
- In the next window, the users are required to enter the login values in the provided fields. If you are using the default values, then you have to leave the field of username as blank and for an admin password, type admin.
- Go to the Wireless tab and then, move to the wireless security sub-tab.
Note: In most of the router, the wireless security setting present under the wireless > wireless settings and can only be displayed in manual option.
- Now, the users have to provide a strong and unique password in the Passphrase field. Once, again type your new Wi-Fi password to confirm.
- Finally, click on the save setting option to save the changes.
So, this is the most simple and easy way to change the Linksys router’s Wi-Fi password by accessing the linksyssmartwifi.com page.
Once, you changed the password, then, the other devices which already get connected can automatically disconnect from your network. Thus, to connect the devices, you have to provide the new password.
Along with, if the users also to upgrade the Linksys router firmware update. Then also, we have shared the information to complete the Linksys router firmware upgrade process in an easy way. Firmware upgrades will only help the users to interact with new features. Undoubtedly, it can be possible either by using the manual method or in an automatic way.
Firstly, we are going to share the steps to perform the manual method In order to upgrade the firmware for the Linksys router.
Steps to upgrade the Linksys router firmware
- In the first step, the users have to interact with the graphical user interface by accessing the linksyssmartwifi.com login page.
- Click on the Connectivity option.
- Tap on the check for updates option under the firmware upgrade section.
- Once, your Linksys router detects the firmware update, then the users will easily able to download as well as install the update.
- Tap on the click here link to upgrade.
- Now, the firmware update box will pop-up over the window screen. Click on the Yes button.
- Lastly, the reboot screen will be displayed. Click on the OK button to reboot your device.
This is how your Linksys router firmware upgrade process has been completed successfully.